What type of interpreter should I request?

Ask the deaf individual their preferred mode of communication, whether it be ASL, Cued Speech, CART or another form. Then make the interpreting request based on their preference. If the deaf individual you are hiring an interpreter for is semilingual, alingual, foreign born, international, a minor or has additional disabilities, it is likely they will require both a deaf hearing interpreter that uses their preferred mode of communication.

Share Button